Cooking with kefir: our best recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Top rated Kefir recipes
By Анастасия Po
Bulgarian national pie, a simplified version
- 250 g of kefir
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 tsp soda
- 250 grams of cheese
- 5 tablespoons of heated butter or sunflower oil
- 14 tablespoons of flour
Pop Your Cherry Clafoutis With This Incredible Recipe
Cherry clafoutis is a baked, fruit-based French dessert which is perfect for using up the abundance of ripe, red cherries in summer.
1) Slice onion thin and soak in cold salted water for 10 minutes
- 1) 1/2 red onion
- 2) 2-3 cups of uncooked shrimp
- 3) 2-3 limes (juiced)
- 4) 1 aji amarillo chile pepper
- 5) 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, wash and dried
- 6) 1 large avocado (cut bite size)
- 7) 1 mango (cut bite size)
- 8) 1 lemon grass stalk
- 9) kefir lime leaves
- 10) salt
- 11) pepper
The Ultimate M&M and Chocolate Finger Birthday Cake
Your kids will fall in the love with this gorgeous cake, guaranteed!
Red beet, apple and pistachio scones
By Simona, Briciole
The recipe started with a batch of small red beets freshly harvested and promptly roasted
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour + 2 tablespoons cornmeal + enough all-purpose flour to make 1 cup OR 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ultra-fine or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grated roasted red beet (use the medium side of your grater)
- 1/4 cup grated apple (use the extra-coarse side of your grater)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup [homemade] kefir or buttermilk or plain yogurt (low-fat or non-fat)
- 1/4 cup roasted and lightly salted pistachios, chopped
Lush pancakes without eggs (fried in a little oil)
By Olesya Ambrosova
Kefir is mixed with salt and sugar, and adding flour ash ( approximately 100 g of flour , but out differently, depe...
- • kefir - 200 g
- • sugar - 1 tsp.
- • salt
- • vegetable oil in the dough - 1 tsp.
- • soda - 1 tsp.
- • flour - about 100 g