Cooking with kefir: our best recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.
Top rated Kefir recipes
By Анастасия Po
Bulgarian national pie, a simplified version
- 250 g of kefir
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 tsp soda
- 250 grams of cheese
- 5 tablespoons of heated butter or sunflower oil
- 14 tablespoons of flour
Pop Your Cherry Clafoutis With This Incredible Recipe
Cherry clafoutis is a baked, fruit-based French dessert which is perfect for using up the abundance of ripe, red cherries in summer.
1) Slice onion thin and soak in cold salted water for 10 minutes
- 1) 1/2 red onion
- 2) 2-3 cups of uncooked shrimp
- 3) 2-3 limes (juiced)
- 4) 1 aji amarillo chile pepper
- 5) 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, wash and dried
- 6) 1 large avocado (cut bite size)
- 7) 1 mango (cut bite size)
- 8) 1 lemon grass stalk
- 9) kefir lime leaves
- 10) salt
- 11) pepper
The Ultimate M&M and Chocolate Finger Birthday Cake
Your kids will fall in the love with this gorgeous cake, guaranteed!
Red beet, apple and pistachio scones
By Simona, Briciole
The recipe started with a batch of small red beets freshly harvested and promptly roasted
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour + 2 tablespoons cornmeal + enough all-purpose flour to make 1 cup OR 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ultra-fine or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grated roasted red beet (use the medium side of your grater)
- 1/4 cup grated apple (use the extra-coarse side of your grater)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup [homemade] kefir or buttermilk or plain yogurt (low-fat or non-fat)
- 1/4 cup roasted and lightly salted pistachios, chopped
Lush pancakes without eggs (fried in a little oil)
By Olesya Ambrosova
Kefir is mixed with salt and sugar, and adding flour ash ( approximately 100 g of flour , but out differently, depe...
- • kefir - 200 g
- • sugar - 1 tsp.
- • salt
- • vegetable oil in the dough - 1 tsp.
- • soda - 1 tsp.
- • flour - about 100 g