A La King Biscuit Casserole (Easy)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cubed skinless boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 cups green peas
- 1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms drained
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, then pour in broth and let thicken, stirring. Add chicken, peas, mushrooms, carrots, onion and bell pepper. Mix together and bring to a boil.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Pour chicken mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place refrigerated biscuits over top and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are done.