Our favorite quick casserole recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Quick casserole recipes
Quick and Easy Cowboy Casserole
A good "go to" recipe for those nights when you are pressed for time and you have house full of hungry kiddos
- 2 cans (15 oz) whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 cans (15 oz) Ranch Style beans
- 1 can (15 oz) potatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 12 cup Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg (for the cornbread)
- 1/3 cup milk (for the cornbread)
Quick Chicken Casserole
Mix all ingredients except potato chips in a bowl
- 2 - 4 oz cans Chunk Tuna
- 1 can Mushrooms
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 1 pkg Noodles
- 2 tsp Salt (level)
- 1 Bag Potato Chips
Easy Fajita Casserole
Baked Fajita with a tangy taste!
- Green and red peppers
- Spanish Onion
- Olive oil
- Whole Wheat tortillas
- 1 Can Reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Cup Reduced fat sour cream
- Reduced fat cheddar cheese
Easy Cheeseburger Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- 2 cups (6 oz) Penne Pasta
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean) - or you can use ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
A La King Biscuit Casserole (Easy)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cubed skinless boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 cups green peas
- 1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms drained
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Quick and Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt to taste
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn in half
- 1 (28 ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced fat sour cream