Our best easy chicken enchilada recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Easy chicken enchilada recipes
Easy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas
By Lingonberrylane, Lydia Ln
Preheat oven to 375 F Boil the two chicken breasts in chicken broth with a jalapeno cut in half and garlic
- corn tortillas
- two chicken breasts
- 1 jalapeno
- black beans
- rotel (canned tomatoes with green chiles)
- grated cheese
- chicken broth
- homemade or store bought enchilada sauce (i just used store bought)
10 recipes you can make for Mom when she's having a rough day
On especially stressful days, treat your Mom to these 10 tasty and pleasing recipes she'll love!
The Best Tex Mex Chicken Enchiladas
Cook chicken in one inch water seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper for 1 hour at 350 degrees
- 1 Can cream of chicken
- 1 can (7oz) whole Ortega chiles
- 1 block Monterrey cheese
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 12 flour tortillas
50 cheat sheet weeknight dinner ideas for busy parents
Here are 50 recipe ideas from starter to dessert, plus quick snack fixes that will satisfy your hungry kids in less than 15 minutes!
Creamy Turkey or Chicken Enchiladas
sauté chopped meat onions and chilies in skillet until onions are cooked
- About 4 cups chopped meat from turkey or chicken ( I use leftover from roasted ones )
- 1- small can diced green chilies
- 1- med. onion chopped
- 1 package 10 count or more flour tortillas burrito size
- 1- 28oz. can green sauce
- 1 can chopped olives (optional)
- 16 oz. sour cream (get 2 if you like it on the top when you serve)
- 16 oz. package shredded cheese (or more if you like it really cheesy)
Weeknight Chicken Enchilada Bake
Easy to prepare chicken enchilada bake, chicken and cheese filled tortillas with a cream and melted cheese topping
- 2 pounds cooked chicken meat, shredded (great use for leftover rotisserie chicken)
- One 8-ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce-divided
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely diced (optional-for spicier version)
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed or lightly charred over a flame on the stovetop
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Garnishes: salsa, tomato, avocado, guacamole, sour cream
Cheap & Easy: 20 meals to get you through the week
Experiencing a weeknight DINNER DILEMMA? Here's our selection of family-friendly recipes to take you from Monday through Friday in a flash.
Easy and Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
Easy Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas 6-8 corn tortillas (enchilada size) 1 pre-cooked plain rotisserie chicken, shr
- 6-8 corn tortillas (enchilada size)
- 1 pre-cooked plain rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 10oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 – 4oz can chopped green chiles
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Quick and Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt to taste
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn in half
- 1 (28 ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced fat sour cream