Weeknight Chicken Enchilada Bake
Easy to prepare chicken enchilada bake, chicken and cheese filled tortillas with a cream and melted cheese topping
- 2 pounds cooked chicken meat
- shredded (great use for leftover rotisserie chicken)
- One 8-ounce pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce-divided
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- finely diced (optional-for spicier version)
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas
- warmed or lightly charred over a flame on the stovetop
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Garnishes: salsa
- sour cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, softened cream cheese, sour cream, nutmeg, 2/3 cup enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of the Mexican blend cheese, the cilantro, jalapeno peppers(if desire spicier version) and salt and pepper to taste.
Spray a casserole or baking dish with olive oil. Arrange 3 to 4 spoonfuls of the filling on the edge of each tortilla and roll the enchiladas. Set into the casserole seam-side down. Mix remaining 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce, with the heavy cream and pour over the top of the casserole, and top with the remaining Mexican cheese.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and bake the casserole brown and bubbly
Serve with desired garnish.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.