Traditional Club Sandwich
Nothing beats a good club sandwich, with its stacked layers of simple ingredients that go together so deliciously. Try the easy recipe now.
- 3 slices white bread (toasted)
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 2 ounces cooked roasted chicken breast
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 slice cheese
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Stir together the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Divide the mayonnaise-mustard mixture evenly between the three slices of bread (one side only).
Place one slice of bread sauce-side up on your work surface.
Top with the slice of cheese. You can use swiss, cheddar or any other sliced hard cheese.
Top with a slice of chicken.
Top with the bacon slices.
Top with a slice of bread, sauce-side down.
Top with the tomato slices.
Top with the romaine lettuce leaves.
Top with another slice of chicken.
Top with the final slice of bread, sauce-side down. Carefully cut the sandwich into 4 triangles, and stick each triangle with a cocktail pick so they don't fall apart.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.