Ashley's Nova Scotia & Lox
Here's my take on the classic smoked salmon dish. I hope you enjoy.
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- 1 pound fresh smoked salmon
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 5 slices of your favorite toasted bread
- 1 teaspoon green all purpose seasoning
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, a tablespoon of minced dill, and the green seasoning. Mix well.
Spread the dolled cream cheese mixture on the toasted bread.
Add a few of the capers on top the cream cheese (save some for the top)
Layer the sliced onion, sliced tomato, and thinly sliced smoked salmon. Top with a few capers and sprigs of fresh dill.
You'll also love
- Jans Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Chili Garlic Lime Shrimp 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Icing 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Western Sandwhich 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Sour Cream and Onion Easy Cheese... 4.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Grilled Mac and Cheese 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt 4.2/5 (139 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Baked French Croque Monsieurs
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Review this recipe