Ashley's Nova Scotia & Lox
Here's my take on the classic smoked salmon dish. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 pound fresh smoked salmon
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 5 slices of your favorite toasted bread
- 1 teaspoon green all purpose seasoning
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, a tablespoon of minced dill, and the green seasoning. Mix well.
Spread the dolled cream cheese mixture on the toasted bread.
Add a few of the capers on top the cream cheese (save some for the top)
Layer the sliced onion, sliced tomato, and thinly sliced smoked salmon. Top with a few capers and sprigs of fresh dill.
You'll also love
- Garlic bread toast 3.9/5 (74 Votes)
- Jans Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Pastry Covered Salmon and Scallops... 3.7/5 (112 Votes)
- Sour Cream and Onion Easy Cheese... 4.7/5 (42 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli in Crescent... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- B&E's Mexican Rice 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- 2 by 2 Grilled Cheese and Egg... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.