Jans Zucchini Bread
Perfect zucchini bread.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Mix lightly but well. In medium bowl, mix flour, soda, powder, and cinnamon. Add dry mix slowly to wet mix, blend well. Fold in nuts.
Divide into two well greased loaf pan and bake 60 minutes at 325.
You'll also love
- Sautéed Zucchini with Herbs 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Bread Pudding 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Merediths Blue Ribbon Pecans 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Dad's Peanut Butter Fudge 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Betty's Cranberry Bread 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Grandma's Banana Bread 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!