2 by 2 Grilled Cheese and Egg Sandwich
Its a simple recipe. Just remember 2 x 2 x 2. 2 Slices of buttered bread. 2 slices of cheese. 2 eggs. Such a simple recipe with a taste that will shock your taste buds.
- 2 Small Eggs
- 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 Slices of Kraft Light (not fat free) Cheese
- 3 1/2 tsp. Becel Olive Oil Margarine
- Pepper to Taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 3mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Melt 1 1/2 tsp. Margarine on the bottom of a non stick fry pan. Fry eggs as close together as you can get them (to fit on your sandwich bread), add pepper to taste, and fry eggs to your liking (runny yolk, hard yolk, etc.)
While frying eggs (but keeping an eye on them), butter two slices of bread each with 1 tsp. of margarine, and lay them out so the margarine is on the bottom (margarine will be on the outside of the sandwich). Add a slice of cheese to each slice of bread on the unbuttered side.
Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, pick it up with a spatula and place it on one slice of bread and cheese. Flip the other slice of bread and cheese on top of it (on the unbuttered side and with the cheese on it).
Make sure the burner is on medium heat, place the sandwich in the pan and slowly toast it like you would a grilled cheese sandwich so to melt the cheese, but not burn the bread.
Once the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted to your liking, remove from the pan, slice it, and plate it with your favourite fruit for a high protein breakfast
You can also add other things you like such as onions, spinach, peppers or bacon if you like.
To flip the heavy sandwich and so it doesn't fall apart when flipping, pick up the sandwich with a solid spatula, tilt the fry pan at a 45 degree angle, and flip the sandwich into the pan, quickly laying it flat again.
You'll also love
- Egg curry ( kuzhambu) 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- MACARONI AND CHEESE 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Western Sandwhich 4.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Denny's Fried Cheese Melt 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Homestyle Apple Sandwich 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Hubby's Fave Drunken Chickens 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Grilled Mac and Cheese 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!