Algerian Bourek Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- laughing cow cheese
- 1 egg
- Phyllo pastry
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a saucepan, brown the onion and chopped garlic. Cut the chicken into small cubes.
Add the salt, pepper and cinnamon and turn occasionally for 5 minutes. Cool slightly and move to a bowl or casserole dish. Add the egg, mix well.
Add two portions of cheese sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Cool 10 minutes before serving the meal.
Filo dough: fill your filo sheets with a small piece cheese (Laughing Cow) add chicken mixture and close. Cook well in a pan until golden on both sides Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (430 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.9/5 (287 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.6/5 (210 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (174 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 3/5 (279 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Stuffed Tomatoes 4.8/5 (98 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.