Chicken cutlets in a delicious brown mushroom and wine gravy.
- 3-4 lbs thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (seasoned or plain, your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stick butter
- 2-3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 jars brown gravy
- 2 jars water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Beat eggs in large bowl, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and milk. Dip cutlets in mixture, then in breadcrumbs. Fry in skillet of hot oil and drain on paper towels.
In large pot, melt butter. Add sliced mushrooms and sautee until lightly browned.
Add cutlets, gravy, and water. Simmer to a light boil.
Add Marsala wine, lower heat and cook 45min to an hour.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Banitsa 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (108 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Savories- Chicken Roses 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Snail Soup 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Grampa Gil's Roast Goose 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Italian Beef 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mushrooms 4/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe