By Carole 31
- 1 rabbit
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup Muscat
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz bacon
- 1 small can of whole mushrooms
- scant 1 cup of sour cream
- A little flour or cornstarch
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Brown the rabbit cut into pieces in olive oil. Once browned, remove the pieces.
Fry the bacon, chopped shallots and mushrooms. Deglaze with muscat and reduce for 5 minutes. Add broth. Reduce for 5 minutes more.
Return the rabbit pieces and simmer over low heat 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove rabbit pieces and sprinkle with flour or cornstarch. Finish with cream and parsley.
Coat the rabbit pieces with sauce and put over low heat 5 minutes and serve.
You'll also love
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (110 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (105 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Holiday Chicken Roulade with... 5/5 (10 Votes)
- Quick Beef Stew 4.1/5 (34 Votes)