Rate this recipe 4/5 (4 Votes)
- 2 lb sliced potatoes
- 4 oz grated cheddar
- 4 sliced shallots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oven to 350F
In greased 2 quart baking dish, layer half the potatoes. Sprinkle half the cheese and the shallots over potatoes. Add pepper to taste.
Repeat with remaining potatoes, sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
Bake covered for 45 minutes.
Uncover and bake a further 30 minutes until tender and top is golden and bubbly
You'll also love
- Rabbit stew 4.7/5 (108 Votes)
- Southwestern Grilled Chicken With... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Oven Barbeque Chicken 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Chapati 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomatoes Provencal 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Cheesy Shepherds Pie 4/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Crispy Zucchini Potato Cakes
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Review this recipe