By Myriam Thevenin
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- herbs de Provence
- olive oil
- breadcrumbs (this recipe is still good without the breadcrumbs
- I don't always have them on hand)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the tomatoes in two and arrange in a baking dish.
Mince the garlic and sprinkle on the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with herbs and drizzle with olive oil. If you have breadcrumbs, sprinkle them over the olive oil.
Bake for 20 minutes at 410 ° F.
You'll also love
- Russian Deviled Eggs with Caviar 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Roasted beet with vinaigrette 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Sesame Rice 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Amazing Potatoes 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Pizza with sausage, peppers and... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed tomatoes and sliced... 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cheese Grits Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!