Crispy Homemade Popcorn Chicken
Crispy homemade popcorn chicken. A very easy recipe for this popular and delicious snack. Chicken pieces coated in breadcrumbs & served with yummy dip.
- 200g (7oz) Chicken Breast
- 250g (9oz) Panko Breadcrumbs
- 6 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Herbs de Provence
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- A Pinch of Black Pepper
- 600ml (20fl oz) Sunflower Oil for Frying
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Adapted from happyfoodstube.com
In a bowl combine breadcrumbs, herbs de Provence, paprika and pepper. Stir until well combined. Season chicken cubes with salt.
Coat each chicken piece in flour then dip it in egg and coat with breadcrumb mix. You can do a few at a time. Use your hands/fork or thongs. Make sure they are well coated with the breadcrumb mix.
Heat up the oil. Check if the temperature is hot enough by frying one breaded chicken piece. If it’s bubbling right after the chicken piece hits the oil, then it’s ready.
When the oil is hot enough deep-fry all of them. Make sure the pieces have enough space for frying (now depending on the size of you pan/pot you might need to do this in several batches). This will take only several minutes. Popcorn chicken will float on the surface and have nice dark brown color.
Take them out with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper kitchen towel.
Serve in a baguette or with the dip (mix sour cream with ketchup).
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (395 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Baked Fried Chicken with Paprika 3/5 (248 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Lavender Loaf 5/5 (49 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (105 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Amp up your bruschetta, with a flavorful French twist!
- 3/4 Cup of blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup of cream cheese
- Green peas (cooked)
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Slices prosciutto
- Mix together the blue cheese and cream cheese.
- Spread onto toast.
- Top with green peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto.