chile verde chicken enchaladas
shredded chicken served in a soft fried corn tortilla with monteray cheese rolled together and topped with a chile verde sauce over the top.
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- start off by getting a large pot of water on the stove at about medium/high once it starts to simmer add 4/5 medium to large chicken breast or thighs will do as well. set them into the almost boiling water and season the water with 2 teaspoons of seasonall,1 teaspoon of garlic salt and pepper to taste. let cook for about 45 min. or until chichen is fully cooked threw. while this is cooking start a small frying pan on med/high and put about a half cup of oil in what ever kind you prefer and begin frying your corn tortillas about 10 seconds per side your gonna fry around 20-25 tortillas once done with this step grate 1 and 1/2lbs of cheese set aside now grab a large can of la victoria green sauce you can find this in your local grocery store in the hispanic isle. put sauce in med. sauce pan to warm. chicken should be done drain and let cool. once cooled shred into bite size pieces and start to assemble the enchiladas. to assemble you dip the tortilla in the sauce carefully cause the items will be hot once dipped set in a baking tray open and set a 2oz of chicken evenly on the tortilla longways so its easy to roll like a tube on top of the chicken sprinkle 1oz of cheese and roll continue this until tray is filled up once the tray is full pour left over sauce on top of the entire tray and repeat this step with the cheese. preheat your oven to 350 degrees set baking tray in oven until cheese is melted take out and enjoy.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
You'll also love
- Crispy Homemade Popcorn Chicken 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- BBQ Meatloaf 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Savories- Mums Favorite Pie 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Chilli Turkey Bacon Wrapped... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Cherry Tomato Salsa 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexican Pumpkin Pasole 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Mama's Fried Chicken 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Dannielle's Chicken with Green... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chicken Quesadillas
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe