Shredded Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas
A healthier alternative to the typical enchilada.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream (Healthy alternative: Low-fat sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 packages Fiesta sides Spanish rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can of green chile enchilada sauce
- Mexican blend cheese (Healthy alternative: Low-fat cheese)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix chicken, sour cream, garlic lime juice, couple drops of tapatio, dashes of paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and Italian seasonings together. Set aside.
Cook rice according to directions on package.
Cover your 13 X 9 pan with foil.
Pour half of the rice into the bottom of the pan and spread out evenly.
Place a small amount of rice and chicken mixture into tortillas, repeat until you have six.
Pour can of green chile enchilada sauce over the top.
Cover with cheese to your liking.
Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes.
Take off foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Sour Cream Chicken 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mushroom Swiss Cubed Steak 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bear River Bruins’ Taco Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Jalepeno Chili with Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The 5th Taste of Chili 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Overstuffed Chicken Taco 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.