Baked tomato recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Baked tomato recipes
By Myriam Thevenin
Cut the tomatoes in two and arrange in a baking dish
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- herbs de Provence
- olive oil
- breadcrumbs (this recipe is still good without the breadcrumbs
- I don't always have them on hand)
Stuffed tomatoes and sliced potatoes in the oven
Core the tomatoes and keep the tops to be used as covers Empty the inside seeds and juice of tomatoes and use th...
- For the stuffing
- ½ lb ground lamb
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 cup of short grain rice
- wished and drained well
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small can of chopped tomatoes and/or the tomato cores which will be emptied out.
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp or more red pepper paste
- 2 tbs of dry crushed mid-oriental mint
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- This mixture should not be too runny but should have enough liquid to allow the rice to cook.
- 4 lbs of tomatoes or about 10 mid-size ripe tomatoes
- it is best if they are almost the same size.
- 4 potatoes
- peeled and sliced thick
- Additional juice of 3 lemons
- about 1/3 cup
- ½ -¾ cup olive oil