Ground lamb recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!
Top rated Ground lamb recipes
Try this Syrian specialty
- Toshka ( meat only)-Maria ( meat + cheese)
- 1/2 Lb Ground lamb + beef ( or only beef)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Salt/pepper to taste
- optional: 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 4 large pita breads opened at the seams
- * for Maria: Syrian cheese slices (white cheese)
- ** If you like it spicy you can add hot green peppers
- *** can also add fresh mint leaves
Stuffed tomatoes and sliced potatoes in the oven
Core the tomatoes and keep the tops to be used as covers Empty the inside seeds and juice of tomatoes and use th...
- For the stuffing
- ½ lb ground lamb
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 cup of short grain rice
- wished and drained well
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small can of chopped tomatoes and/or the tomato cores which will be emptied out.
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp or more red pepper paste
- 2 tbs of dry crushed mid-oriental mint
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- This mixture should not be too runny but should have enough liquid to allow the rice to cook.
- 4 lbs of tomatoes or about 10 mid-size ripe tomatoes
- it is best if they are almost the same size.
- 4 potatoes
- peeled and sliced thick
- Additional juice of 3 lemons
- about 1/3 cup
- ½ -¾ cup olive oil