Pita bread - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.
Top rated Pita bread recipes
Try this Syrian specialty
- Toshka ( meat only)-Maria ( meat + cheese)
- 1/2 Lb Ground lamb + beef ( or only beef)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Salt/pepper to taste
- optional: 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 4 large pita breads opened at the seams
- * for Maria: Syrian cheese slices (white cheese)
- ** If you like it spicy you can add hot green peppers
- *** can also add fresh mint leaves
Sieve flour, leaving some aside for dusting, with baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt
- Refined flour (maida) 4 cups
- Garlic peeled 25 cloves
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Soda bicarbonate 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Milk 1 1/2 cups
- Yogurt 2 tablespoons
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Butter 6 tablespoons
Combine wet ingredients. Add to the dry ingredients and make a lovely dough
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant yeast
- 1tsp salt (heaped)
- 3tsp sugar
- 1T chopped dhania
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1/4cup oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten.