The best recipes with pita - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Top rated Pita recipes
Sieve flour, leaving some aside for dusting, with baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt
- Refined flour (maida) 4 cups
- Garlic peeled 25 cloves
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Soda bicarbonate 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Milk 1 1/2 cups
- Yogurt 2 tablespoons
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Butter 6 tablespoons
How To Make Cream Cheese-Stuffed Brioche Flowers
By Nadia Paprikas
Do you want to make beautiful, flower-shaped brioche rolls stuffed with cream cheese? Follow our easy step-by-step recipe now!
Combine wet ingredients. Add to the dry ingredients and make a lovely dough
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant yeast
- 1tsp salt (heaped)
- 3tsp sugar
- 1T chopped dhania
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1/4cup oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten.
16 Party-Perfect Recipes That Start with a Baguette
Hosting a party and stuck for ideas? Why not try some of these great party-perfect recipes, all of which begin with a crusty baguette!
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400F/200C
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket breads
- cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide
- then toasted and crumbled
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (let drain a minute or two if extra juicy)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (same size as tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley (leaves only
- no stems)
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic (2-4 cloves garlic)
- 1 tsp. salt (I used fine grind sea salt)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- about 2 large lemons (I love lemon
- so adjust the amount to your own taste)
- 1 tsp. powdered Sumac
- plus more for sprinkling on individual salads if desired)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cut pit bread into either strips or triangles
- Pita bread
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1T minced Garlic
- 1T Parmesan cheese
Embroidered BREAD: the next food craze?
These creations by artist Terézia Krná?ová are weird, wonderful and make us really hungry!! Will embroidered bread be the next big craze?
A twist on the famous BLT, made fantastic by using pita instead of bread!
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2-3 small tomato
- 1/2 small red onion
- thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 pita pockets
- Mayonnaise or other condiment
Blend and mash all ingredients together with a small amount of flour
- 1 can drained chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- cumin and coriander
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper