The best recipes with pita - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Pita recipes
Sieve flour, leaving some aside for dusting, with baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt
- Refined flour (maida) 4 cups
- Garlic peeled 25 cloves
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Soda bicarbonate 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Milk 1 1/2 cups
- Yogurt 2 tablespoons
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Butter 6 tablespoons
How To Make Cream Cheese-Stuffed Brioche Flowers
By Nadia Paprikas
Do you want to make beautiful, flower-shaped brioche rolls stuffed with cream cheese? Follow our easy step-by-step recipe now!
Combine wet ingredients. Add to the dry ingredients and make a lovely dough
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant yeast
- 1tsp salt (heaped)
- 3tsp sugar
- 1T chopped dhania
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1/4cup oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten.
16 Party-Perfect Recipes That Start with a Baguette
Hosting a party and stuck for ideas? Why not try some of these great party-perfect recipes, all of which begin with a crusty baguette!
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400F/200C
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket breads
- cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide
- then toasted and crumbled
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (let drain a minute or two if extra juicy)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (same size as tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley (leaves only
- no stems)
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic (2-4 cloves garlic)
- 1 tsp. salt (I used fine grind sea salt)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- about 2 large lemons (I love lemon
- so adjust the amount to your own taste)
- 1 tsp. powdered Sumac
- plus more for sprinkling on individual salads if desired)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cut pit bread into either strips or triangles
- Pita bread
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1T minced Garlic
- 1T Parmesan cheese
Embroidered BREAD: the next food craze?
These creations by artist Terézia Krná?ová are weird, wonderful and make us really hungry!! Will embroidered bread be the next big craze?
A twist on the famous BLT, made fantastic by using pita instead of bread!
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2-3 small tomato
- 1/2 small red onion
- thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 pita pockets
- Mayonnaise or other condiment
Blend and mash all ingredients together with a small amount of flour
- 1 can drained chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- cumin and coriander
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper