A twist on the famous BLT, made fantastic by using pita instead of bread!
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2-3 small tomato
- 1/2 small red onion
- thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 pita pockets
- Mayonnaise or other condiment
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Pan fry the bacon and crumble slightly, so there are larger chunks.
Heat the pita pockets in a convection oven or toaster oven until slightly brown on the outside. Let cool and spread mayo on one side of the inside of the pita.
Put some of the baby greens, diced tomato, red onions, and bacon into the pita pockets. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Yum burger 3.1/5 (269 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (236 Votes)
- Toshka/Maria 5/5 (41 Votes)
- Australian Salad 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Baby Greens salad with Quail Egg 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Mixed greens salad with balsamic... 3.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Breads- Pita 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.