Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Burgers
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 jar slices mushrooms
- drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup bottled honey barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- wooden picks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
arrange bacon on a paper towel-lined microwave safe plate. Cover with a paper towel. Microwave bacon at HIGH for 2 minutes or until edges begin to crinkle and bacon is partially cooked.
Saute mushrooms and onion in hot oil in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in 2 Tbsp barbecue sauce.
Preheat grill to 350F. Shape ground beef into 8 thin patties. Place 2 Tbsp mushroom mixture in center of each of 4 patties. Top with remaining patties, pressing edges to seal. Shape into 4 inch patties. Wrap sides of each patty with 2 bacon slices, overlapping ends of each slice. Secure bacon using wooden picks. Sprinkle patties with salt. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
Grill patties, covered with grill lid over 350F heat 5 to 6 minutes on 1 side. Turn and baste with half of remaining barbecue sauce. Grill 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink in the center. Turn and baste with remaining barbecue sauce. Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes. Remove wooden picks. Serve Burgers on buns and top with remaining mushroom mixture.
You'll also love
- The Tastiest Easy Chicken Bake 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Simple Sesame Seed Chicken 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Barbeque Chicken 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Cindy's Burrito recipe 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken and... 2.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Hominy Casserole 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Ribs 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- HEARTY HAMBURGER CREAM OF MUSHROOM 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!