- 1/2 to 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can hominy, drained (retain liquid)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese (usually american slices)
- Pepper and paprika
- 1 tsp. corn starch
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown ground beef and drain fat.
In a dish you can put in the oven, brown the onion in the butter until clear.
Add about 1/2 the hominy to the onion.
Layer the browned meat on the hominy, salt and pepper to taste.
You can put some cheese pieces (tear up a slice) if you like, add a good amount of catsup, top with the rest of the hominy.
Top with cheese, or just sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
Add the corn starch to the hominy liquid, and pour into the layered casserole.
Bake until bubbling hot. (No temp was given, I'm guessing 350-400).
This is a very adaptable recipe, so you'll probably want to experiment until you find your family's preference.
You'll also love
- Puerto Rican Shredded Pork 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Jenny's Dirty Rice 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Poppy Seed 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- HEARTY HAMBURGER CREAM OF MUSHROOM 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Jans Porcupines 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Hamburger Delight 2.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Pork Chops in Mushroom Soup 2.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Hawaiian Beef Casserole 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.