Grandma Marie's Baked Chicken in Rice
- 6-8 boneless chicken breasts or a family pack of drumsticks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or 1-2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp celery salt (celery seed will work in a pinch too)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown rice and onion in butter. Spread on 9x13 baking dish. Add broth and celery salt. Place chicken on top then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until brown.
You'll also love
- The Best Chicken and Dumpling Soup 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Quesadillas 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Jalfrezi 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Aunt Inez's Mac & Cheese 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Ian's Curried Honey Chicken 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grandma's Meat Loaf (for two) 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mrs. Sharma's Rice and Peas 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.