Chicken and rice dish
- One red pepper
- One Spanish onion
- One full carrot
- Chicken (thighs, Brest, leg)(8 pieces approx)
- Olive oil
- White rice
- Vegeta (chicken stock)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Dice all vegetables.
In a large pot heat a tablespoon of olive oil.
Add all vegetables and stir.
Prepare chicken by removing skin and any excess fat.
Add ckicken to pot.
Allow chicken to fully cook on medium heat stiring occasionally (approx 20min)
Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
Crush 2 cubes of vegeta and add to boiling water.
Stir occasionally and allow cubes to desolve.
Stir in 4 cups of rice and place lid on pot.
Turn off heat but to not remove from burner.
Allow rice to absorb all water. (Approximately 7 minutes depending on rice)
Remove lid and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.