Salad- Almond & sesame Topped
- Cucumber (Julienned)
- Pineapple (Julienned)
- Red Pepper (Julienned)
- Green Pepper (Julienned)
- Feta Cheese (Julienned)
- Carrots (Julienned)
- Tomato (Julienned)
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup mustard sauce
- 1 Tblsp sugar
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 Tblsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups Almonds sliced
- 2 Tblsp Sesame seeds
- Roast on slow on the stove
- mixing frequently. When roasted remove and add: 2 tsp Fine red chillies and 1 tsp salt.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash and pat dry (or use a salad spinner) all salad ingredients.
In your choice of dish arrange the salad in a tasteful manner.
In a small mixing bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients, seasoning it to your taste.
Roast the topping adding the spices. Set aside.
Just before serving, layer the dressing over the salad, or serve the dressing in a serving dish on the side.
Top the nutty topping over the salad and serve immediately.
The topping will go soft, so only add it on before serving.
You'll also love
- Tofu and Chard Stuffed Pasta 3.1/5 (217 Votes)
- Special Mushroom, veggie & fruit... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Streusel 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Almond Cookies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Coleslaw Dressing 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Quick Whipped Topping Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Rejort 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.