Our favorite grandma style cooking recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: French Tarte Tatin
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Top rated Grandma style recipes
Grandma's Caesar Salad
This Caesar Salad recipe is made extra special with the addition of Worcestershire sauce!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 halved garlic clove
- 1/3 cup oil (75ml)
- 1 cup french bread cubes with crusts removed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 anchovy filets (drained and chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Grandma Marie's Baked Chicken in Rice
Brown rice and onion in butter
- 6-8 boneless chicken breasts or a family pack of drumsticks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or 1-2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp celery salt (celery seed will work in a pinch too)
Grandma's Meat Loaf (for two)
Grandma made the best meatloaf I've ever had because there was a sweet, tangy sauce on it and there was always lots...
- Loaf ingredients:
- 1 egg
- ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped into small pieces)
- 8 saltine crackers (crumbled into small pieces
- garlic powder
- 1 bread pan
- Sauce ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of Kraft (chicken & ribs) BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of Ketchup
- onion (chopped small)- use some of the onion you chopped for the loaf
- 1tsp white sugar
- a dash of garlic powder
Baked eggs like my Grandma's
By Comité de promotion des produits agro-alimentaires de Picardie
Butter four ovenproof ramekins
- 4 eggs
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup of mushrooms with (or layer)
- 4 1/2 tbsp butter
- 12 slices of bacon
- 5 oz Maroilles cheese
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 3 1/3 tbsp cider
Grandma Dand's Buttermilk Salad Dressing
Depending on the amount you want, put mayonnaise in a bowl
Grandma's & Grandpa's Amazing Christmas Turkey Dinner
This recipe includes all the instructions to make a proper Christmas turkey (with stuffing)
- One great big thawed turkey (or whatever size you want but left overs are great)!
- Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 packet of OXO chicken broth mix powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of boiling hot water
- 1-2 loaves of stale white bread
- 1 large chopped onion (or 2 small)
- 2 cups of chopped celery
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!