Our favorite grandma style cooking recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Grandma style recipes
Grandma's Caesar Salad
This Caesar Salad recipe is made extra special with the addition of Worcestershire sauce!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 halved garlic clove
- 1/3 cup oil (75ml)
- 1 cup french bread cubes with crusts removed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 anchovy filets (drained and chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Grandma Marie's Baked Chicken in Rice
Brown rice and onion in butter
- 6-8 boneless chicken breasts or a family pack of drumsticks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or 1-2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp celery salt (celery seed will work in a pinch too)
Grandma's Meat Loaf (for two)
Grandma made the best meatloaf I've ever had because there was a sweet, tangy sauce on it and there was always lots...
- Loaf ingredients:
- 1 egg
- ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped into small pieces)
- 8 saltine crackers (crumbled into small pieces
- garlic powder
- 1 bread pan
- Sauce ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of Kraft (chicken & ribs) BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of Ketchup
- onion (chopped small)- use some of the onion you chopped for the loaf
- 1tsp white sugar
- a dash of garlic powder
Grandma's & Grandpa's Amazing Christmas Turkey Dinner
This recipe includes all the instructions to make a proper Christmas turkey (with stuffing)
- One great big thawed turkey (or whatever size you want but left overs are great)!
- Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 packet of OXO chicken broth mix powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of boiling hot water
- 1-2 loaves of stale white bread
- 1 large chopped onion (or 2 small)
- 2 cups of chopped celery
Baked eggs like my Grandma's
By Comité de promotion des produits agro-alimentaires de Picardie
Butter four ovenproof ramekins
- 4 eggs
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup of mushrooms with (or layer)
- 4 1/2 tbsp butter
- 12 slices of bacon
- 5 oz Maroilles cheese
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 3 1/3 tbsp cider
Grandma Dand's Buttermilk Salad Dressing
Depending on the amount you want, put mayonnaise in a bowl