Making crab Filipino style - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Crab Filipino style recipes
These are to die for. My husband loves them to no end
- 1 pkg imitation crab
- 2 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
- 2 to 6 tsp soy sauce
- pinch of minced fresh ginger root
- pinch of minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/2 bunch green onion chopped
- black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pkg of wonton wrappers
Steam your way to authentic shrimp pot stickers
By Chef Christophe
Forget takeout with this easy step-by-step recipe for real-deal Chinese shrimp pot stickers!
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/8 cup olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounces buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular dry bread crumbs
10 irresistible recipes that start with fresh mussels
Take a trip to the seaside with these 10 mussel recipes!
Crab Stuffed Mushroms
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup well drained crabmeat
- 1 oz chopped almonds
- 1 oz butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated swiss cheese
- 12 medium mushroom caps
- Lemon Butter
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and ground pepper