Quick and Easy Recipe for Pide: A Savory Turkish Flatbread
This delicious Turkish flatbread is filled with tangy melted blue cheese and green olives. Try our step-by-step recipe now.
1/11 View slideshow
© Gourmandize / Silvia Santucci
Blue Cheese & Olive Stuffed Turkish Flatbread
Have you ever heard of pide? It's a savory Turkish comfort food made of a stuffed boat-shaped flatbread with cheese, vegetables and sometimes meat. Perfect for sharing, it would be a great party appetizer or fun family dinner any night of the week. Usually it's baked in a stone oven, but you can easily bake it in a regular oven at home! Check out our easy step-by-step recipe now.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Comment on this article