Baked eggs like my Grandma's
By Comité de promotion des produits agro-alimentaires de Picardie
- 4 eggs
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup of mushrooms with (or layer)
- 4 1/2 tbsp butter
- 12 slices of bacon
- 5 oz Maroilles cheese
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 3 1/3 tbsp cider
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Butter four ovenproof ramekins.
Chop the shallots and mushrooms.
Cut the bacon
In a saucepan, heat to 2 1/2 tbsp butter.
Stir in shallots, Fry them lightly, add the mushrooms and bacon.
After having removed the crust, crush Maroilles and cream with a fork and set aside.
Add the cider with shallots and mushrooms, continue cooking 5 minutes.
Add Maroilles and cream, mix well. Season with salt.
Pour into the ramekins, slide an egg in the center of the preparation.
Arrange the ramekins in a water bath and bake in middle of oven about 350 degrees for 6 minutes (the white must be cooked). Serve immediately with fingers of toast.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!