Grilled tuna sandwich
- Tuna bagged or drained can. (I start with 2 cans or one bag one can)
- mayonaise or cottage cheese
- grated cheese
- Bread to spread it on
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Put the tuna in a bowl. Chop the celery and the onion.Grate the carrot. Add to the tuna. Toss to mix. Mix in mayonnaise. (I always used a little mayonnaise and mostly cottage cheese--small curd works best) Then add some grated sharp cheddar, that holds it together. Then spread it on some good wholewheat bread. Butter one side of the bread and grill on fry pan butter side down until browned. Then coat the other side with butter and grill the other side until cheese melts and inside is hot. Eat at once!
This is a good hearty lunch served with a creamy soup!
You'll also love
- Mini Quiche 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Kathy's Rolls 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Pulled Pork on a Bun 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Molasses Buns 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Bacon Cheesy Hash Browns 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Stuffed Manicotti 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Spicy Tuna and Lentil Salad 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Tuna and Egg Macaroni Salad 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!