Special Tuna Melts
- 2 pieces of rye bread
- 1/4 lb hamburger lean
- 1/8 onion chopped
- 4 slices of cheese cheddar
- 3 T brown gravy
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
make 2 thin patties with hamburger. chop onions and put them in a fry pan and grill them. set aside
cook hamburger patties till done.
put 1 slice of cheese on one slice of bread, then add 1 pattie of meat,then a spoonful, of onions, salt and pepper,1 1/2 T of gravy, then cheese,meat onions gravy and cheese.
press it down a bit butter the outside and fry in hot skillet
2-3 min on each side.
remove from heat cut in half, serve with chips or fries
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.