20 Secrets To Epic Sandwiches
Time to take your sandwich-making skills to a whole new level! Here are 20 tips to hitting "epic" status.
Experiment With Eggs
Eggs are one of the most handy food staples to have on hand. You can prepare them in myriad ways, and they have a special knack for elevating ordinary sandwiches. Whether boiled and mixed with mayo for a quick and easy egg salad, fried up as an additional source of protein or even poached to get that mouthwatering runny yolk effect, they're real sandwich soldiers.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.