Spicy Mini Tuna Melts
Another one of my own concoctions on a day I needed a change from the regular stuff, I needed to use up some things in my fridge, and it meets my high potassium needs.
- 3 Oz of Tuna
- 2 TBSP Green Onion
- 1 oz of Kraft Light Cheddar Cheese
- 6 whole Wheat Mini Pitas
- Desired Amount of Kraft Light Mayo for Tuna
- Desired Amount of Franks Hot Sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Mix Tuna, Mayo, Hot Sauce, & Green Onions together to desired taste and consistency. Its best to add the hot sauce and green onions together with the tuna first so you will know just how much mayo you will need.
Add a drop of hot sauce to the top of the mini pita's, then add equal amounts of tuna mixture to the top of each mini pita.
Cut the one ounce of cheese into 6 slices, or grate it and add equal amounts on top of tuna mixture.
You can either put them in the oven or toaster oven until the cheese is melted, or throw them in the microwave to melt the cheese.
I prefer to use the oven or the toaster oven to melt the cheese because it gives them all an equal amount of heat and warms the whole tuna melt through. Depending on your microwave, it may melt one more then the other, or cook one pita too long which makes it hard. Its the luck of the draw when using the microwave.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Creamy Chicken... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Croque Monsieur with Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Poor Man's Miniature Pepperoni... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Casserole with Hash Browns 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- sandwich with eggs and sausage 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Curry leaves powder 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked mac and cheese 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- My Own Easy Take On Tuna Melt 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees