Tuna melt recipes - 9 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Tuna melt recipes
Special Tuna Melts
make 2 thin patties with hamburger
- 2 pieces of rye bread
- 1/4 lb hamburger lean
- 1/8 onion chopped
- 4 slices of cheese cheddar
- 3 T brown gravy
- salt and pepper
Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced sandwiches
With a healthy dose of protein, savoury tuna and delicious cheese pair well with a salad for a quick meal
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- seasonings to taste (eg., fresh or dried parsly, chopped green onions or dried onion flakes, cracked black pepper)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise (or, for reduced calories, use Walden Farms mayo-type spread)
- 4 slices weight Watcher's whole wheat or Squirrelly light sprouted grain bread
- 4 slices cheese eg., whole or light cheddar (or reduce calories further with 8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese, each sliced in half)
Combine ingredients put on bread and bake in oven Serve!
- French bread
- Diced veggies
My Own Easy Take On Tuna Melt
- 2 Cans of flaked tuna- Drain
- 2 Cups Macaroni noodles
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 Celery chopped finely
- 1/4 Cup of can peas
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pepper for taste
- 1 Can of Campbell's mushroom soup
- 2 Cup of Old cheese
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
Spicy Mini Tuna Melts
Another one of my own concoctions on a day I needed a change from the regular stuff, I needed to use up some things...
- 3 Oz of Tuna
- 2 TBSP Green Onion
- 1 oz of Kraft Light Cheddar Cheese
- 6 whole Wheat Mini Pitas
- Desired Amount of Kraft Light Mayo for Tuna
- Desired Amount of Franks Hot Sauce
Tuna Melt (Makes 2 10 pt. servings)
Combine ingredients for tuna salad
- 1 Can tuna
- 1 T ff mayo
- 1 T pickle relish
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 T Smart Balance lite spread
- 2 sliced ff american cheese
Perfect pair to soup
- 2 cans Tuna
- 1 cup cubed velvet Cheese
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (peeled & cubed)
- aprox 1/2c mayo
- crusty buns
Tuna Melt Sandwhich
Mix all ingredients Place toasted bagels on foil line baking sheets Add mix on bagels Top evenly with cheese
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Finely chopped red onion
- 2 Cups (500 ml) packed baby spinach leaves chopped
- 5 Tbsp (75 ml) Light mayo
- 1 Can Flaked Tuna- Drained
- 1/8 Tsp(0.5 ml) ground pepper
- 2 thin multilingual or plain bagels
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Light triple shredded cheddar cheese
Grilled tuna sandwich
- Tuna bagged or drained can. (I start with 2 cans or one bag one can)
- mayonaise or cottage cheese
- grated cheese
- Bread to spread it on
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!