Tuna melt recipes - 9 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Tuna melt recipes
Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced sandwiches
With a healthy dose of protein, savoury tuna and delicious cheese pair well with a salad for a quick meal
- 1 can tuna in water
- seasonings to taste (eg.
- fresh or dried parsly
- chopped green onions or dried onion flakes
- cracked black pepper)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise (or
- for reduced calories
- use Walden Farms mayo-type spread)
- 4 slices weight Watcher's whole wheat or Squirrelly light sprouted grain bread
- 4 slices cheese eg.
- whole or light cheddar (or reduce calories further with 8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese
- each sliced in half)
Special Tuna Melts
make 2 thin patties with hamburger
- 2 pieces of rye bread
- 1/4 lb hamburger lean
- 1/8 onion chopped
- 4 slices of cheese cheddar
- 3 T brown gravy
- salt and pepper
Spicy Mini Tuna Melts
Another one of my own concoctions on a day I needed a change from the regular stuff, I needed to use up some things...
- 3 Oz of Tuna
- 2 TBSP Green Onion
- 1 oz of Kraft Light Cheddar Cheese
- 6 whole Wheat Mini Pitas
- Desired Amount of Kraft Light Mayo for Tuna
- Desired Amount of Franks Hot Sauce
My Own Easy Take On Tuna Melt
- 2 Cans of flaked tuna- Drain
- 2 Cups Macaroni noodles
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 Celery chopped finely
- 1/4 Cup of can peas
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pepper for taste
- 1 Can of Campbell's mushroom soup
- 2 Cup of Old cheese
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
Combine ingredients put on bread and bake in oven Serve!
- French bread
- Diced veggies
Tuna Melt (Makes 2 10 pt. servings)
Combine ingredients for tuna salad
- 1 Can tuna
- 1 T ff mayo
- 1 T pickle relish
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 T Smart Balance lite spread
- 2 sliced ff american cheese
Tuna Melt Sandwhich
Mix all ingredients Place toasted bagels on foil line baking sheets Add mix on bagels Top evenly with cheese
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Finely chopped red onion
- 2 Cups (500 ml) packed baby spinach leaves chopped
- 5 Tbsp (75 ml) Light mayo
- 1 Can Flaked Tuna- Drained
- 1/8 Tsp(0.5 ml) ground pepper
- 2 thin multilingual or plain bagels
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Light triple shredded cheddar cheese
Perfect pair to soup
- 2 cans Tuna
- 1 cup cubed velvet Cheese
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (peeled & cubed)
- aprox 1/2c mayo
- crusty buns
Grilled tuna sandwich
- Tuna bagged or drained can. (I start with 2 cans or one bag one can)
- mayonaise or cottage cheese
- grated cheese
- Bread to spread it on