Tuna melt recipes - 9 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Tuna melt recipes
Special Tuna Melts
make 2 thin patties with hamburger
- 2 pieces of rye bread
- 1/4 lb hamburger lean
- 1/8 onion chopped
- 4 slices of cheese cheddar
- 3 T brown gravy
- salt and pepper
Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced sandwiches
With a healthy dose of protein, savoury tuna and delicious cheese pair well with a salad for a quick meal
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- seasonings to taste (eg., fresh or dried parsly, chopped green onions or dried onion flakes, cracked black pepper)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise (or, for reduced calories, use Walden Farms mayo-type spread)
- 4 slices weight Watcher's whole wheat or Squirrelly light sprouted grain bread
- 4 slices cheese eg., whole or light cheddar (or reduce calories further with 8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese, each sliced in half)
Combine ingredients put on bread and bake in oven Serve!
- French bread
- Diced veggies
My Own Easy Take On Tuna Melt
- 2 Cans of flaked tuna- Drain
- 2 Cups Macaroni noodles
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 Celery chopped finely
- 1/4 Cup of can peas
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pepper for taste
- 1 Can of Campbell's mushroom soup
- 2 Cup of Old cheese
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
Spicy Mini Tuna Melts
Another one of my own concoctions on a day I needed a change from the regular stuff, I needed to use up some things...
- 3 Oz of Tuna
- 2 TBSP Green Onion
- 1 oz of Kraft Light Cheddar Cheese
- 6 whole Wheat Mini Pitas
- Desired Amount of Kraft Light Mayo for Tuna
- Desired Amount of Franks Hot Sauce
Tuna Melt (Makes 2 10 pt. servings)
Combine ingredients for tuna salad
- 1 Can tuna
- 1 T ff mayo
- 1 T pickle relish
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 T Smart Balance lite spread
- 2 sliced ff american cheese
Perfect pair to soup
- 2 cans Tuna
- 1 cup cubed velvet Cheese
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (peeled & cubed)
- aprox 1/2c mayo
- crusty buns
Tuna Melt Sandwhich
Mix all ingredients Place toasted bagels on foil line baking sheets Add mix on bagels Top evenly with cheese
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Finely chopped red onion
- 2 Cups (500 ml) packed baby spinach leaves chopped
- 5 Tbsp (75 ml) Light mayo
- 1 Can Flaked Tuna- Drained
- 1/8 Tsp(0.5 ml) ground pepper
- 2 thin multilingual or plain bagels
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Light triple shredded cheddar cheese
Grilled tuna sandwich
- Tuna bagged or drained can. (I start with 2 cans or one bag one can)
- mayonaise or cottage cheese
- grated cheese
- Bread to spread it on