Recipes using canned tuna - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Canned tuna recipes
tuna and noodles
boil noodles on stove top
- 1 pkg egg noodles
- 1 can tuna
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 of the can of soup filled with milk after soup is emptied.
- seasoned salt
Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced sandwiches
With a healthy dose of protein, savoury tuna and delicious cheese pair well with a salad for a quick meal
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- seasonings to taste (eg., fresh or dried parsly, chopped green onions or dried onion flakes, cracked black pepper)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise (or, for reduced calories, use Walden Farms mayo-type spread)
- 4 slices weight Watcher's whole wheat or Squirrelly light sprouted grain bread
- 4 slices cheese eg., whole or light cheddar (or reduce calories further with 8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese, each sliced in half)
1 Drain tuna 2
- 3 Large cans of Tuna 4 Boiled Eggs 4 Tablespoons of Dill Pickle Relish Mayo
Tuna Salad with Eggs and Celery
chop celery into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2-3 cans tuna
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 -2 hard boiled eggs (optional)
- 1-2 stalks celery
Sea Island Salad
Cook macaroni chill
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 7 oz package macaroni
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 7 oz can tuna drained
- 1 17 oz can peas
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 tsp minced green pepper
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl
- 1 Pint jar of Giardinera, well drained
- 1 12oz jar Artichokes in oil, undrained
- 1 8oz can whole button Mushrooms, well drained
- 1 8oz can large ripe Black Olives, drained
- 4 Tbls white wine Vinegar
- 1 large can of water packed Tuna