Cooking with shallots and chicken - 4 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: shallots
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Shallots and chicken recipes
By Carole 31
Brown the rabbit cut into pieces in olive oil
- 1 rabbit
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup Muscat
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz bacon
- 1 small can of whole mushrooms
- scant 1 cup of sour cream
- A little flour or cornstarch
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
10 bagel sandwiches that will make lunch the highlight of your day
These 10 bagel fillings are out of this world!
Southwestern Grilled Chicken With Hot Pepper-Mezcal Glaze
Another of my very spicy southwestern creations (if too hot for your tastes, use fewer or milder peppers)
- 1 5 pound whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried red pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh orange, pineapple or mango juice
- 3/4 cup silver mezcal or tequila
- 3 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 fine chopped red jalapeño peppers
- 2 fine chopped serrano peppers
- 2 fine chopped habanero peppers
- 1 fine chopped Anaheim pepper
- 3 minced shallots
- Nut or other oil
Summer meltdown: 27 oven-free meals to make in 15 minutes or less
Can't imagine using your oven in the midst of a sweltering heatwave? Try these 27 no-bake meals that only take 15 minutes to make!
Mom & Pop's Creole Gumbo
Authentic, rich, and hearty gumbo
- 1 Whole uncooked chicken
- 2 lbs of andouille sausage
- 2 lbs of shrimp , peeled
- 1 lb oysters, fresh or frozen
- 2 lbs of fresh okra
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup celery, diced or chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced or chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 gallon water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- tarragon, to taste
- thyme, ground or dried leaves, to taste
- 6 bay leaves
- creole seasoning, to taste
- gumbo file, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- pink salt or kosher salt, to taste
- splash of Guinness beer, if desired
- splash of white lightning moonshine, if desired
- 2 lb sliced potatoes
- 4 oz grated cheddar
- 4 sliced shallots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper