Our best cold seafood recipe ideas - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Top rated Cold seafood recipes
Cold Seafood PlatterYUM!Food Porn
Cold Seafood Platter. Discover our recipe
- 2 pounds of various seafood of choice (prawns, salmon tuna etc)
- lemon to garnish
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 bunch dill (or dried)
Mom & Pop's Creole Gumbo
Authentic, rich, and hearty gumbo
- 1 Whole uncooked chicken
- 2 lbs of andouille sausage
- 2 lbs of shrimp , peeled
- 1 lb oysters, fresh or frozen
- 2 lbs of fresh okra
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup celery, diced or chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced or chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 gallon water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- tarragon, to taste
- thyme, ground or dried leaves, to taste
- 6 bay leaves
- creole seasoning, to taste
- gumbo file, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- pink salt or kosher salt, to taste
- splash of Guinness beer, if desired
- splash of white lightning moonshine, if desired