I created this dish to make up for the lack of a side dish on a weekday. It's simple, easily customizable, and tastes delicious!
- Peeled or unpeeled diced russet potatoes
- Grated cheese (any kind)
- Diced green peppers
- Diced sweet onions
- Olive oil
- Cooked bacon
- broken up into little bits
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Spread the potatoes in a casserole dish until they are evenly spaced. You can use raw potatoes, or you can parboil them.
Spread the grated cheese, green peppers, sweet onions, and the bacon over the potatoes until evenly covered.
Pour some olive oil, salt, and pepper plus whatever other spices you want over the dish, and put in an oven preheated to 450.
You'll also love
- Dad's Potato Salad 3.9/5 (97 Votes)
- Easy Baked Potato Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Potatoes with Thyme and Bay Leaves 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice Casserole with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Evi's Egg Omelet 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pizza margherita 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Ranch Style Beans 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!