Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 T solid shortening
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
preheat the oven to 425F. combine the flour, sugar and baking powder mixing well. Crumble in the shortening. Add the sweet potatoes and milk mixing well.
Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and kneed slightly. Roll out dough to desired thickness and cut with biscuit cutter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cabbage Noodles 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Tomato Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Copycat King’s Hawaiian Rolls 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Grilled Yam Delights 2.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Oven Chips 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Breakfast Biscuit Bake 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Oreos 3.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Calzones from Scratch 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!