Easy Baked Potato Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 or 3 baked potatoes
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Melt butter in large saucepan. Saute onion. Stir in the flour and slowly add broth and evaporated milk.
Scoop pulp from 1 potato and mash. Add the broth mixture and bring to a boil.
Dice remaining potatoes and add. Heat through.
Serve with crumbled bacon on top. Could also cook with bacon inside soup or add ham or corn.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Mouth-Watering Beefy Stuffed... 2.9/5 (87 Votes)
- Root Beer Meat Lumps 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice Casserole with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rachel's Lasagna 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Turnip Puff 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Curry Potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Forgotten Stew 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach with Corn Soup 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!