Kickoff football season with these 15 unbeatable game-day snacks
Football season is upon us, and we've got the ultimate collection of snack recipes to make your couch the best seat in town on game days!
Soft pretzels with chived cheese
No need to be at the stadium to enjoy this crowd fave. For 8 to 10 medium-size pretzels: dissolve one packet of active dry yeast in warm water and stir to combine. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon sugar. Gradually add 3 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time and mix until the dough thickens. Add another 3/4 cup flour to remove the stickiness. Knead the dough on a floured surface and form into a ball. Cut into 8 to 10 equal-sized sections. Roll each section into a thin rope and shape into pretzels. Beat 1 egg in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Soak the pretzels in the egg and place on a greaseproof-paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for 10 minutes at 425 °F, then broil for 5 minutes more to get the tops golden brown. Cool and serve with cream cheese mixed with chives.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!