Quinoa Stuffed Portabella
- cooked quinoa
- half or whole onion
- 1-2 tomatoes
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- portabella mushrooms
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Make a pot of quinoa.
Chop onion and tomato. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder. Add to quinoa.
Take the stem off the portabellas. Fill mushroom caps with quinoa mix. Bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Black Bean Drink / Soup 3.1/5 (20 Votes)
- No-Yeast, No-Wait, Flatbread 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Harissah - Middle Eastern Coconut... 3.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Gnocchi 3.2/5 (18 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 3.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Nana's Bisquick Pizza Bake 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Salmon Patties 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mussels in Sauce 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.