Rice Patties (Bolinho de Arroz)
A typical Brazilian snack dish, they are little patties made out of rice and then fried.
A typical Brazilian snack dish, these are little patties made out of rice and then fried. Discover our recipe.
- 2 to 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 medium grated onion
- salt and pepper
- a handful of thinly chopped parsley and chives
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Roll the mix into small patties or balls.
Heat a pan filled half-way with oil, and once the oil is hot, drop the patties in and fry until golden-brown.
You'll also love
- Jan's Granola 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Crêpes 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Farmhouse Sicilian Pasta With... 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Oven Chips 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Baked Fried Chicken with Paprika 3/5 (296 Votes)
- Awesome Fry Bread 3.4/5 (257 Votes)
- Vegan Taco Salad with Soy Cheese 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Black Bean Drink / Soup 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!