Cheese Sauce (using dry milk)
A very nice cheese sauce for anything, even for dipping. If you want some zing in it, add some different cheeses and a bit of garlic powder.
- 2 cups instant dry milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 T. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 ounces American Cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the instant dry milk with the water by placing in a jar and shaking vigorously. Set aside.
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and mix on low. Gradually add the milk and mix good. Add the cheese and cook on low until melted.
You'll also love
- chili dip 3.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Gnocchi 3.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Foie Gras Appetizers 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Noilly sauce 3.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Salmon Patties 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce 3.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes (6 Ingredients) 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Nacho Cheese Dip 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.