Cauliflower with cheesesauce
- 2 oz butter
- 2oz all purp flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp hot mustard
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Slightly boil cauliflower in salted water.
Make sauce- put butter in a pan and melt. Add flour, slightly brown, and add milk. Boil milk and add cheese. When cheese melts add the mustard.
Stir so no lumps are formed. Cooked till slightly thick and smooth.
Take baking dish and put cauliflower. Pour sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake at 450 F for 10 mins. After 425 F for 10 mins.
Could add broccoli, carrots, peas, beans, or potatoes ( thick sliced).
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Gratin with Bolognese... 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Braised Endive 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Buttermilk Biscuits 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Manchurian Gobi 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cauliflower with Smoked Ham Petals 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Shrimp w/Jalepeno Cheese sauce 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Cauliflower with Buffalo... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!