- • 3 Whole Russet Potatoes (clean and dry)
- • Olive Oil
- • 1 ¼ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- • 1 ¼ cup Shredded Monterey Jack (or Habanera) Cheese
- • ¼ cup Milk
- • 1 tbsp Butter
- • ¼ tsp Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Rub potatoes in olive oil, prick each on with fork and place on baking sheet; bake for 1 hour or until tender.
3. When done cut potatoes in half and hollow out each half. Mix the potato pulp with some cheese, milk, butter pepper, and salt. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins.
4. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake for about 25- 30 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!