Corned Beef Hash
By Sherry Smith
delicious with sweet mustard pickles, slice of homemade bread and a cup of tea!
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can of corned beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/4 cup butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Boil potatoes with salted water
Drain off the water. Mash potatoes, with the diced onion and butter. Serve while still hot.
Recipe can be made with more potatoes for larger crowds.
You'll also love
- Easy Cheezy Chicken Bake 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Homemade Mac and Cheese 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Mom's Taco Salad with Beans 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Taco Beef Pasta 2.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Amelia's Potato Pancakes/Latkas 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Pomme Mousseline 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Mr.Carter's Samoan Palusami 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Reuben Chowder 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.