23 Comforting Side Dishes for Summer Barbecues
Because sometimes sides are truly the best thing on your plate. Check out our favorite comforting side dishes to round out your barbecues.
© How Sweet It Is
Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter and Cotija Cheese
Grilled corn is typically an easy, undemanding summer side, but when you add decadent bacon butter and salty cotija cheese into the mix it quickly becomes the star of the show. This recipe grills the corn first, then smothers it in the bacon butter before rolling it in the crumbled cheese. You might want to make a big batch of the butter—you're going to want to put it on everything.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!